The Goodrich team in Danbury has been involved in various aspects of the Hubble program since its inception, including providing the entire optical telescope assembly.
What does OTA stand for?
OTA stands for Optical Telescope Assembly
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OTA
We have 167 other meanings of OTA in our Acronym Attic
- Ontario Telecommunications Association
- Ontario Tennis Association
- Open Test Architecture
- Open to Air (wound dressing)
- Open to All
- OpenTravel Alliance
- Operational Test Agency
- Operational Test Authority
- Operational Transconductance Amplifier
- Operational Transconductor Amplifier
- Optical Transition Amplitude
- Optical Trapping Applications
- Optical Tube Assembly (telescopes)
- Oracle Training Administrator/Administration
- Oracle Transport Agent
- Orascom Telecom Algerie (est; 1998; various locations)
- Orchard Training Area
- Ordered to Appear (legal courts)
- Ordnance Transmission Assembly
- Oregon Telephone Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Goodrich has a long history in the design and fabrication of highly complex telescopes and optical systems, such as the Hubble's Optical Telescope Assembly and Fine Guidance Sensors as well as the Chandra x-ray observatory optics, and the primary mirror and tower for the Spitzer Space Telescope.