Announced in 2001, Agere's S5200 3D MEMS optical switch module is a small-form-factor device used to manipulate optical signals without the need to convert the signals to electrical form, allowing any protocol or data rate to pass through the switch.
What does OSM stand for?
OSM stands for Optical Switch Module
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of OSM
We have 176 other meanings of OSM in our Acronym Attic
- Operating Systems and Middleware (computing)
- Operational Satcom Manager
- Operational Service Medal (UK)
- Operations Support Manager
- Operations Support Medical
- Optical Selector Mechanism
- Optical Service Manager (Lucent)
- Optical Service Module (Cisco Systems)
- Optical Strength Meter
- Optical Surveillance Measure
- Oral Satisfaction Market
- Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal (French: Montreal Symphonic Orchestra)
- Orchid Society of Minnesota
- Order of St. Michael (chivalric order)
- Order of the Secret Monitor
- Order of the Servants of Mary, Servites (religious order)
- Ordinis Servorum/Servarum Mariae (Latin: Order of Servants of Mary)
- Oregon Steel Mills, Inc.
- Organisation Science and Marketing (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Partnership delivers deployment of Polatis' New Optical Switch Module (OSM) ANDOVER, Mass.
amp; SAN FRANCISCO -- SA Photonics, an engineering company focused on photonics-based solutions, today announced its win of the US Air Force Phase 2 SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) contract to build a space-qualified MEMS switch system, using the Glimmerglass Intelligent Optical switch module.
Business Editors/High-Tech Writers BALTIMORE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 9, 2001 Advanced Micro-Optics Based Products Offer Reliability and Programmability to System Vendors and Carriers Based on system vendors' and carriers' needs for reliable and programmable optical components, Baynet Optics introduced today its Short and Medium Working Distance Collimators, one-channel Variable Optical Attenuator (VOA), and 1x2 Optical Switch Module (OSM).
The live demonstration uses micro-electro mechanical systems (MEMS)-based optical switch modules supplied by Corning Incorporated (NYSE: GLW), an industry-leading manufacturer and supplier of optical fiber, cable and photonic products.
APIC's product portfolio ultimately will include, in addition to compact optical modules, such integrated solutions as: optical add/drop multiplexers modules, optical switch modules and a variety of sub-system modules.
Newhouse went on to say that Corning Optical Networking Devices is focused on extending the transparent optical frontier, including the elimination of non-value added OEO (optical to electrical back to optical) conversions in communications networks, through the development of reconfigurable optical add/drop modules and optical switch modules.
As far as competing with small port count MEMS switch companies and other technologies, such as holographic switching, we believe Lynx offers the first and currently only available optical switch modules that are capable of switching a full spectrum of wavelengths, as well as individual wavelengths, in millisecond switching time with astounding functionality.