The new MEMS device, which integrates electrical circuitry and mechanical structures, achieves a switching speed of one millisecond, the fastest of any multi-channel optical switch to date.
What does OPTSW stand for?
OPTSW stands for Optical Switch
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Operational Training
- Optical Tracking & Ranging Kit
- Online Payroll Time Reporting System
- EPA Office of Pesticides and Toxic Substances
- Older Persons Tenants' Service (Ultimo, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia)
- Oneida Public Transit System (Wisconsin)
- Open POSIX (Portable Operating System Interface for Unix) Test Suite
- Opportunity to Succeed (substance abuse program)
- Organization of Parents Through Surrogacy
- Over-the-Air Programming Teleservice
- Old Pueblo Trout Unlimited (conservation; Arizona)
- Operation Peace Through Unity (UN)
- Optical Pulse Transmitter Using Laser
- Oak Park Township Youth Services (Illinois)
- Office des Publications Universitaires
- Offshore Production Unit (various locations)
- Oil Pick Up (spinning)
- Okayama Prefectural University (Okayama, Japan)
- OnPlayerUpdate (computing)
- Operating Partnership Unit (investing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new optical switch turns on or off at least 20 times faster than the maximum rate possible for an electronic system, they report.
Optical Switch will demonstrate the new module at NFOEC 2001 in Booth #6153 at the Baltimore Convention Center, July 8-12, 2001.
Each Glimmerglass Intelligent Optical Switch delivers low loss, any-to-any fiber connections without regenerating optical signals so that customers can more cost-effectively manage 10 Gigabit Ethernet, SONET/SDH, radio frequencies (RF), microwaves, analog and digital video and more.
Glimmerglass' intelligent optical switch is ideal for building advanced signals analysis solutions.
These applications have used DiamondWave switches in 32 to 320-port configurations; Calient's 320 x 320 configuration at a North American IEC is believed to be the world's largest OOO optical switch in commercial deployment.
Polatis couldn't ask for a better distribution partner to bring the world class performance of our optical switch to instrumentation customers around the globe.
The company also announced that its SN 16000 intelligent optical switch will be used in the testing of advanced high-speed applications at project VIOLA (Vertically Integrated Optical testbed for Large Applications) in Germany.