a technology leader in optical storage solutions, today announced that it has been awarded yet another patent for its breakthrough Optical Super Density (OSD(TM)) technology, boosting the company's portfolio to 19 patent awards for its OSD-related innovations as MaxOptix prepares for customer shipments of OSD products later this year.
What does OSD stand for?
OSD stands for Optical Super Density
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OSD
We have 179 other meanings of OSD in our Acronym Attic
- Operating Systems Director
- Operational Safety Document
- Operational Sequence Diagram
- Operational Specification Document
- Operational Support Directive
- Operational System(s) Development
- Operational Systems Document
- Operations Services Division
- Operations Support Directive
- Operations Support Division (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new technology, called Optical Super Density (OSD), will create 20GB capacity per side of a 5.
MaxOptix, StreamIT, PowerStream and Optical Super Density (OSD) are trademarks of MaxOptix Corp.
Potts, Maxoptix President and CEO, is the investment from Hong Kong-based Lafe Holdings, a development partner with Maxoptix on the new Optical Super Density (OSD(TM)) technology.
This recent equity-capital infusion is earmarked for the development and launch of new products based on the company's Optical Super Density (OSD) technology.
Maxoptix is currently developing a line of removable-disk products based on its new Optical Super Density (OSD) technology.