New Optical Service Modules As part of its next generation Netstender WDM platform, BTI is introducing a wide range of new optical service modules including: high gain EDFA amplifiers, Fiber Bragg Grating Dispersion Compensation modules, wavelength conversion service packs with optical protection switching, and DWDM Multiplexers with Automated Power Management.
What does OSM stand for?
OSM stands for Optical Service Module (Cisco Systems)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OSM
We have 176 other meanings of OSM in our Acronym Attic
- Operating Speed Model
- Operating System Manual
- Operating System Service Module
- Operating Systems and Middleware (computing)
- Operational Satcom Manager
- Operational Service Medal (UK)
- Operations Support Manager
- Operations Support Medical
- Optical Selector Mechanism
- Optical Service Manager (Lucent)
- Optical Strength Meter
- Optical Surveillance Measure
- Optical Switch Module
- Oral Satisfaction Market
- Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal (French: Montreal Symphonic Orchestra)
- Orchid Society of Minnesota
- Order of St. Michael (chivalric order)
- Order of the Secret Monitor
- Order of the Servants of Mary, Servites (religious order)
- Ordinis Servorum/Servarum Mariae (Latin: Order of Servants of Mary)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Cyan Z33 and Z77 work in harmony with CyMS to support a range of packet, TDM and optical service modules with over 100 Gbps of service capacity per card slot.
Powered by Cisco Adaptive Network Processing (ANP) technology the Cisco 12-Port Channelized T3/E3 (DSO) Optical Service Module (OSM), the 1-Port Channelized OC-12s/STM4-c (DSO) OSM, and the enhanced 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet OSM offer providers greater performance and flexibility in deploying new integrated Ethernet services while protecting existing investments made in the Cisco 7500 Series.
It also converts signals into DWDM optical wavelengths through its switching fabric and high-density DWDM Optical Service Modules.
The second Optical Service Module multiplexes four OC48 SONET compatible signals into a single OC192 DWDM wavelength.
28, 1999-- Suite of Optical Services Modules Give Carriers Clear Evolution Path from SONET to All Optical Transport Networks Cerent Corporation today introduced integrated optical networking with a suite of optical service modules planned for the Cerent 454, the first evolutionary optical transport platform.