Currently, the Optical Interface Unit (OIU) supports both circuit and packet switching on the same shelf, providing great flexibility in delivering services and migrating networks.
What does OIU stand for?
OIU stands for Optical Interface Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of OIU
We have 4 other meanings of OIU in our Acronym Attic
- Operations, Infrastructure and Technology Standards (European Payments Council)
- Orissa Information Technology Society (India)
- Office of Indian Trust Transition
- Organic Injuries of the Tricuspid Valves
- Office Interface Unit
- Ohio Investigative Unit (Ohio Department of Public Safety)
- Okinawa International University (Japan)
- Old Ignatians' Union (Lane Cove, NSW, Australia)
- Omdurman Islamic University (Sudan)
- Operator Interface Unit
- Optical Internal Urethrotomy
- Orbiter Interface Unit
- Osaka Imperial University (now Osaka University; Japan)
- Optical Infrared Ultraviolet Communications
- Organisation Internationale des Unions de Consommateurs (French: International Organization of Consumers' Unions)
- Open International University for Complementary Medicine (Colombo, Sri Lanka)
- Optical Infrared Ultraviolet Surveillance
- Obveznih Izbirnih Vsebin (Slovenian: Compulsory Elective Subjects)
- Occupant Impact Velocity
- Office International de la Vigne et du Vin (French: International Office of Vine and Wine)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Optical interface unit (OIU) that enables a 10-fold increase in the number of trunks per cabinet or rack, and can support a mix of traditional voice and IP traffic on the same shelf.
This innovative system includes an Optical Interface Unit (OIU) and associated RF couplers that are installed at a cell site, as well as a Transmit Receive Unit (TRU) which can be deployed indoors or outdoors where an RF microcell is required.