We are kicking off work in a variety of areas, such as Fiber to the Distribution Point (FTTdp), Cloud impacts on Broadband Networks, Intelligent Optical Distribution Networks (iODN), Packet & Optical integration, G.
What does ODN stand for?
ODN stands for Optical Distribution Network
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ODN
We have 28 other meanings of ODN in our Acronym Attic
- Occupational Diseases in Mines and Works Act (South Africa)
- Object Distinguished Name
- Obligation Document Number
- Olathe Daily News (newspaper; Kansas)
- Online Development Notebook
- Online Dictionary of Neuroscience
- Open Dealer Network (various companies)
- Opera Di Nàzaret (Work of Nazareth)
- Optical Data Network
- Orange Defense Network (Cybernations gaming group)
- Ordnance Datum Newlyn (UK mapping coordinate system)
- Organ Donor Network
- Organisation Development Network
- Original Dialed Number (calling)
- Outils Desinfection et Nettoyage Systeme (French: Disinfection Tools and Cleaning System)
- Output Distribution Network
- Old Dover Neighborhood Association (Boston, MA)
- oligonucleosomal deoxyribonucleic acid
- Ondeo Degremont North America
Samples in periodicals archive:
Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, announced that its proposal for intelligent optical distribution network (iODN) standards has been adopted by the Broadband Forum (BBF) at its 2012 3rd quarter conference, representing a breakthrough for international standards in the field of ODN.
By installing PON-AODF with the OLT, the passive optical network is upgraded with adaptive splitting ratio capabilities while preserving the passive nature of the PON Optical Distribution Network (ODN).
28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, today showcased the new HG8240 Optical Network Terminal (ONT) and Intelligent Optical Distribution Network (iODN) at Fiber To The Home (FTTH) Conference and Expo 2011, booth #823, in Orlando, Florida.
In addition, he will explore the potential of new technologies designed to offer bandwidths of up to 40G or 100G in the access optical distribution networks.
Recent technological advances and cost reductions have spurred interest in optical distribution networks, with ATM-PON emerging as the most promising approach to enabling large-scale, full-service access networks to meet their customers' evolving needs.
The wavelengths used in 10GEPON are allocated with the goal of ensuring coexistence with existing GEPON and RF video to enable support for symmetric 10Gbps ONUs, asymmetric 10Gbps/1Gbps ONUs, and symmetric 1Gbps ONUs, as well as radio frequency (RF) video overlay on the same optical distribution network.
Recent technological advances and cost reductions have spurred interest in optical distribution networks, with Asynchronous Transfer Mode Passive Optical Networks (ATM-PON) emerging as the most promising approach to enabling large-scale, full-service access networks to meet the evolving needs of their customers.