The prospective randomised and controlled Optic Neuritis Treatment Trial reported that oral prednisone alone had no benefit over placebo and may increase the future risk of repeat episodes of optic neuritis, while intravenous methylprednisolone 1 g daily for 3 days followed by 11 days of oral prednisone 1mg/ kg/day was associated with slightly faster visual recovery compared with placebo.
What does ONTT stand for?
ONTT stands for Optic Neuritis Treatment Trial (National Eye Institute)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ONTT
We have 1 other meaning of ONTT in our Acronym Attic
- Overseas Nurses Training Organization (UK)
- Ontologies in Interactive Systems (workshop)
- Ought Not to Pass (Maine)
- Organization of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Training Program Directors (est. 1991)
- Orders Not to Resuscitate
- Ontario Nurse Transfusion Coordinators
- Ontario Renaissance Faire (Milton, Ontario)
- Office of Nonproliferation Technology Support (US DOE)
- Opcom Network Technologies Sdn Bhd (Malaysia)
- Oro-Neorectal Transit Time
- Ontario New Technology Tax Incentive (Canada)
- Out North Teen Visions (Anchorage, AK)
- Organizuoto Nusikalstamumo Tyrimo Vyriausiosios Valdybos (Lithuanian law enforcement agency)
- Ohio Northern University
- Olivet Nazarene University
- One Nation United (Redmond, WA)
- Optical Network Unit
- Organisation des Nations Unies (French: United Nations)
- Organização das Nações Unidas (Portuguese: United Nations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
High- and low-risk profiles for the development of multiple sclerosis within 10 years after optic neuritis: experience of the optic neuritis treatment trial.
Katz served on the executive committee of the Optic Neuritis Treatment Trial, and has been an active participant and principle investigator of many multi-centre clinical trials.