I called the operations duty officer (ODO) to let him know I was inbound for my brief and discovered the ODO had no idea he was also on the schedule.
What does ODO stand for?
ODO stands for Operations Duty Officer
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ODO
We have 17 other meanings of ODO in our Acronym Attic
- Organization and Delivery of Neurological Services (World Federation of Neurology Research Group)
- Object Desktop Network
- Old Dogs New Tricks (band)
- Oxford Dictionary of New Words
- Occurs Depending On
- Off Duty Officers, Inc
- Office of Disability Operations
- Online Document Management
- Open Doors Organization
- Optical Dissolved Oxygen
- Orchid Discussion Online
- Otara Digital Opportunities
- Other Disbursing Office
- Okanagan Dog Owners Association (Canada)
- Old Dominion Officials Association (sports)
- Oregon Department of Aviation
- Objective DSCS (Defense Satellite Communications System) Operations Center (US DoD)
- Oklahoma Department of Commerce
- Oklahoma Department of Corrections (Oklahoma City, OK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While the crew was airborne, the weather at the field worsened and the station weather office notified the squadron operations duty officer (ODO) that thunderstorm condition one had been set.
The senior operations duty officer is another key AOC position regularly manned by AFRC members on AEF rotations.
CAPTION(S): CLOSE CALL: Gavin Evans, operations duty officer at Air Wales, demonstrates the need for shorter air stewards on its smaller planes which are being used on its Irish routes Picture: SIMON RIDGWAY
The aircrew received an operations duty officer brief at 1400 followed by their own briefing, which was condensed due to the similarity with previous missions flown by the crew.
Moore radioed back to the squadron ready room and told the operations duty officer about the emergency landing.