The aircraft was one of four UC-35 As used by the Army's Operational Support Airlift Agency (OSAA) and of a total of thirty-five scattered throughout the Army.
What does OSA stand for?
OSA stands for Operational Support Airlift (US DoD)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OSA
We have 295 other meanings of OSA in our Acronym Attic
- Open Solutions Architecture (Novell)
- Open Source Academy (various locations)
- Open Space Assessment
- Open Systems Architecture
- Operacion San Andres (Peruvian operation)
- Operating System Account
- Operation Save America (aka Operation Rescue; anti-abortion group)
- Operational Safety Analysis/Assessment
- Operational Staging Area (various organizations)
- Operational Support Aircraft
- Operational Support Authority
- Operations Support Assignment
- OPLAN Supportability Analysis
- Opportunistic Spectrum Access
- Optic Stabilizer Assembly
- Optical Society of America
- Optical Spectrum Analyzer
- Optical Subassemblies (Palomar Technologies)
- Optimal Shelf Availability
- Opus Sanctorum Angelorum (Latin: Work of the Holy Angels; religious order)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Headquarters and Headquarters Squadron Marine Corps Air station Futenma Futenma, Okinawa By virtue of their extraordinary service to III Marine Expeditionary Force and Marine Corps Bases Japan throughout 2007, the Marines and Civilians of VMR Futenma have distinguished themselves not only as the premier operational support airlift unit in the Marine Corps, but also as one of our Nation's foremost operational transportation providers.
Members of Detachment 48, Operational Support Airlift Command, South Dakota Army National Guard at Rapid City were recently notified they will soon deploy for a six-to-12 month tour in support Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] C-20B/C/H Primary function: Operational support airlift and special air missions.
VR-52 was named the Joint Operational Support Airlift Center's Large Aircraft Unit of the Year for 2003.
One colonel worked Joint Task Force Shining Hope, one worked operational support airlift and C-130 issues, one handled tanker operations within the AOC, and one worked airlift issues in the AOC.
``The United States Air Force was given the mission to provide operational support airlift for Secretary of Commerce Ron Brown,'' Fogleman said.
The installation has over 50 tenant commands including a Marine Aviation Training Support Group, a Search and Rescue Unit, and aircraft for operational support airlift and fleet logistic support.