in natural populations of western mosquitofish, the operational sex ratio commonly ranges from 1:1 to 1:6 (Krumholz, 1948).
What does OSR stand for?
OSR stands for Operational Sex Ratio (biology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OSR
We have 137 other meanings of OSR in our Acronym Attic
- Ontario Stroke Registry (Canada)
- Ontario Student Record
- Onteora Scout Reservation (Livingston Manor, NY)
- Onward Supply Relief (value added tax)
- Open Source Religion
- Open Space Reservation (Indian real estate)
- Open Systems Resources, Inc (Amherst, NH)
- Operating Systems Review (ACM)
- Operational Safety Requirement
- Operational Safety Review
Samples in periodicals archive:
Male, Female, therefore, reads quite a bit differently from some of the more well-known works of evolutionary psychology which stress ultimate mechanisms, sometimes to the virtual exclusion of serious considerations of proximate mechanisms--including emotion and motivation, hormonal fluctuation, cultural differences, sex roles and ideology, and historical/demographic factors such as the operational sex ratio.