80s 1982 Huge stretches of Northumberland were earmarked today as possible new opencast coal sites.
What does OCCS stand for?
OCCS stands for Opencast Coal Site (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OCCS
We have 25 other meanings of OCCS in our Acronym Attic
- Oklahoma Child Care Resource Referral Association
- Oregon Child Care Resource and Referral Network
- Oberlin College Computer Science (Ohio)
- Object-Centered Coordinate System
- Observer Controller Communication System
- Office of Computing and Communications Services (Norfolk, Va)
- Ohio Camera Collectors Society (Columbus, OH)
- Oklahoma Child Care Services (Oklahoma Department of Human Services)
- OmniClass Construction Classification System
- Open Collaboration Client Solution (IBM)
- Optical Cross Connect System (Alcatel)
- Oracle Customer Choice Suite (software)
- Orange County Christian School (Anaheim, CA)
- Orange County Computer Society (Orange County, CA)
- Ordnance Chemical Center and School
- Oswego Community Christian School (New York; est. 1979)
- Overall Construction Classification System
- Ohio Collegiate Computing Services Association (Miami University; Oxford, OH)
- Ohio Correctional and Court Services Association (est. 1928; Columbus, OH)
- Orange County Chiefs and Sheriffs Association (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It was first revealed two years ago how the restoration scheme at Banks' former Pegswood Moor opencast coal site had been undermined by the unexpected failure of the lake, which was the intended centrepiece of a new community park.
A CONTROVERSIAL bid to turn Wales' last deep mine, Tower Colliery, into a massive opencast coal site goes under the microscope today.
The creation of Kippax Park on the outskirts of Leeds, out of a former opencast coal site has been held up as a shining example of how to improve the environment and boost the economy of deprived areas.
The increasing pressure on energy resources, plus rising prices and improved technology, has led interest from mining companies in both new and former opencast coal sites in the region.
The planning inspector has endorsed the uses put forward for the former opencast coal site.
After my demob I started work on the opencast coal sites as a welder.
SOLICITORS acting for a resident living close to one of the biggest opencast coal sites in Britain yesterday issued a High Court claim against Merthyr Council.