Flynn and Schillo would oversee an Open Space Conservation District, which will seek funds to purchase development rights on open space and agriculturally zoned land.
What does OSCD stand for?
OSCD stands for Open Space Conservation District
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OSCD
We have 4 other meanings of OSCD in our Acronym Attic
- Otago Sports Car Club (New Zealand)
- Ovine Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Ocean State Crohn's and Colitis Area Registry (US NIH)
- Ocean State Clinical Coordinating Center (Providence, RI)
- One-Stop Career Center Certification Policy (Calfiornia Workforce Investment Board)
- Open-Shell Coupled-Cluster Method
- Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution
- On-Scene Command and Coordination Radio
- Onderwater Sport Club Dordrecht (Dutch: Underwater Sports Club Dordrecht; Dordrecht, Netherlands)
- Open Space Community Development (Massachusetts)
- Operating System Compact Disc (computers)
- Oral Specimen Collection Device
- Overseas Control Date (most recent date a servicemember returned from overseas service)
- Operating System CD (Compact Disc) Image
- Oregon Sustainable Community Digital Library
- ObjectSwitch Call Detail Mediation
- Objective Structured Clinical Evaluation
- Objective Structured Clinical Examination
- Office Scan Corporate Edition (Trend Micro)
- Organisation Pour la Sécurité et la Coopération en Europe (French: Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Its recommended actions include adding six greenbelt areas to the existing five, creating an Open Space Conservation District and launching a public education program on land conservation.
It also must determine whether one of the measure's chief components, an Open Space Conservation District, should be established by a countywide or Legislative vote and whether it would be funded through a quarter-cent hike in the sales tax.
The policy committee also has recommended creating five more green belts in Ventura County - to supplement six green belt pacts for open space separating cities - and Supervisor Frank Schillo added an amendment to create an Open Space Conservation District, which would purchase development rights when owners want to get out of farming on land restricted from most other uses.
Supervisor Frank Schillo said he would support Flynn's motion, but only with an amendment establishing an Open Space Conservation District to purchase development rights on farmland owned by families whose children want to work outside the agriculture industry.