[FIGURE 2 OMITTED] To compare the cultured virus to the inoculum, a partial fragment of the open reading frame 2 of HEV extracted from culture subsamples (dpi 16, dpi 55; progeny subsample at dpi 35) was sequenced as described (10).
What does ORF stand for?
ORF stands for Open Reading Frame (genome)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ORF
We have 49 other meanings of ORF in our Acronym Attic
- Oesterreichischer Rundfunk (Austrian Broadcasting Corporation)
- Oesterreichischer Rundfunk (Austrian radio and television company)
- Official Representation Funds
- Ohio Renaissance Festival (Wilmington, Ohio)
- Old Retired Fart
- Olympus Raw Format (file extension)
- Onshore Receiving Facilities
- Ontario Renaissance Festival (Milton, Ontario)
- Ontario Research Foundation (now ORTECH International)
- Open Reading Frame (genetics)
- Open Research Forum (various locations)
- Operational Readiness Float
- Operations Research and Facilities
- Oral Reading Fluency
- Orbital Reference Frame
- Order Request Form (various organizations)
- Organic Rye Flour
- Organisation Rotaract de la Francophonie (French Rotary club)
- Our Retired Friends
- Outbound Route Filter (Cisco)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The researchers found that it has 86 open reading frames.
The introduction of exon skipping to restore the open reading frame using splice-switching oligomers targeting dystrophin exons is one of several attractive therapeutic strategies for Duchenne muscular dystrophy being pioneered by MDA-funded investigators.
Degussa AG (Dusseldorf, Germany) has patented Coryneform bacteria which have, in addition to at least one copy, present at the natural site (locus), of an open reading frame (ORF), gene or allele which codes for the synthesis of a protein or an RNA, in each case a second, optionally third or fourth copy of this open reading frame (ORF), gene or allele at in each case a second, optionally third or fourth site in a form integrated into the chromosome and processes for the preparation of chemical compounds by fermentation of these bacteria.
Both are full length proviruses, but HERV-K113 is a complete virus that has open reading frames and can fully express all its genes.
Extracted preparations were first subjected to Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) targeting a 155 base pair fragment (GP 5+/GP6+) of the L1 open reading frame (ORF) of the human papillomavirus (HPV).
The programs available on this page include PCR Oligo Calculator, which lets researchers design batch polymerase chain reaction primers for amplifying the open reading frames for a given set of genes, and Batch Gene Retriever, which allows downloads of full-length sequence information from National Center for Biotechnology Information databases in batch mode.
HLA-restricted CD8 responses were generated against all 32 open reading frames encoded by the multi-plasmid genetic vaccine demonstrating that a broad repertoire of human relevant CD8 responses are provoked by this vaccine.