If it was a group, she said, "I certainly hope that they complied with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
What does OMA stand for?
OMA stands for Open Meetings Act
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OMA
We have 166 other meanings of OMA in our Acronym Attic
- Old Motorcycle Association (Belgium)
- Olimpíada Matemática Argentina
- Omaha, NE, USA - Eppley Airfield (Airport Code)
- One-Man Army (Quake 3 Arena clan)
- One-Minute Average
- Online Manual Archive
- Ontario Medical Association (Canada)
- Ontario Mining Association (Canada)
- Ontario Museum Association
- Open Management Architecture (3Com)
- Open Meta Archive
- Open Mobile Alliance
- Operations & Maintenance, Army
- Operations Management Application
- Operations Management Association
- Operations, Maintenance and Administration (various companies)
- Operations, Management, and Administration (US FEMA)
- Operator Monitoring Assessment
- Ophthalmic Medical Assisting (courses)
- Optical Manufacturers Association (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The bill was apparently appended to another measure without discussion, in violation of the state's Open Meetings Act.
There continues to be no requirement that review teams comply with either the Open Meetings Act or the Freedom of Information Act.
1) The resulting Public Act 96-0542 amends Illinois (2) Open Meetings Act (OMA),2 Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), (3) and Attorney General Act.
At the last minute and without the 72 hours advance public notice required by the California Open Meetings Act (the Brown Act), the council added an agenda item and approved it without discussion.
He also sponsored Kentucky's open record and open meetings acts, for which the Kentucky Press Association honored him twice with its Freedom of the Press Award.
Having done their homework, the Citizen Alert novices produced copies of the Illinois Open Meetings Act and the state statute creating the board as a public entity.
Friends of Canyon Lake claimed the river authority and the conservation commission did not follow state laws governing public notification about the application, and that the river authority's board of directors violated the Texas Open Meetings Act when it voted to pursue the application.