A 32-bit RISC core and an open firmware structure allow third party developers to add compelling applications.
What does OFW stand for?
OFW stands for Open Firmware (computing)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of OFW
We have 25 other meanings of OFW in our Acronym Attic
- Oberfeldwebel (German)
- Objective Force Warrior (US Army)
- Oblique Flying Wing
- Ocean Front Walk
- Off Watch
- Official Firmware
- Old Fashion Way
- Old First Ward (neighborhood; Buffalo, NY)
- Omaha Fashion Week (Nebraska)
- Organisationsforum Wirtschaftskongress (Germany)
- Original Firmware (software)
- Our Family Wizard (Minneapolis, MN)
- Outstanding Florida Waters
- Overseas Filipino Worker
- Oxford Fashion Week (UK)
- Oxyfuel Gas Welding
- Our Fathers Who Art in Heaven Foundation (foundation; Getzville, NY)
- Oregon Freshwater Wetland Assessment Methodology
- Office of Water Services (UK government)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Open Developers' Program consists of two kits: the Open Driver Kit and Open Firmware Kit.
Consumer-directed robotics experience creation to enter "NXT" phase with open firmware, Software, Hardware and Bluetooth Developer Kits to launch in August - The LEGO Group today announced that for the first time it will release as open source the firmware of the LEGO(R) MINDSTORMS(R) microprocessor - the new NXT brick - the core component of its next generation robotics toolset.
Open Firmware is written in the Forth language and distributed as Fcode.
is announcing immediate availability of Power Firmware, the first open firmware product for PowerPC Platform systems.
BUSINESS WIRE)--May 6, 1996--FirmWorks, a leading developer of Open Firmware products, today announced that its Power Firmware software is now available to developers of systems based on IBM's PowerPC microprocessors that will run the popular Mac OS operating system.
For example, FirePower's pioneering use of Open Firmware with Windows NT extends the ability of its PowerPC systems to be reconfigured by customers.
27, 1995-- FirmWorks, a developer of Open Firmware products, announced today a key license agreement with FirePower Systems Inc.