The project is part of IBM's Open Collaborative Research (OCR) program, an initiative to foster innovation through university-industry research collaboration.
What does OCR stand for?
OCR stands for Open Collaborative Research
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of OCR
We have 177 other meanings of OCR in our Acronym Attic
- Old Country Road
- Olympic Classes Regatta (various locations)
- Omnicare Clinical Research (Omnicare, Inc.)
- On-Campus Recruitment
- On-Campus Resources (college recruitment)
- On-Channel Repeater
- One-Call Resolution
- Online Community Relations (gaming site)
- Online Course Review (various universities)
- Open Care Record (medicine)
- Open Cycle Ratio (mechanics)
- Operating Conditions Register
- Operational Capability Requirements
- Operational Change Report
- Operations Change Request
- Optical Character Reader
- Optical Character Recognition
- Optical Control Room
- Orange County Raptors (lacrosse club; Montgomery, NY)
- Orange County Register (newspaper)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Late in 2006, for example, IBM joined in an open collaborative research program with seven universities across the Unites States to carry out fundamental research on software for such areas as privacy, security and medical decision-making.
Weights could be given to reward desirable kinds of R&D--for example, research into neglected diseases of the poor countries, or open collaborative research where newly acquired raw information is made publicly available immediately.
Autograph was developed under the open collaborative research model at Intel Research Pittsburgh with a Carnegie Mellon University PhD student.