0 is an open authentication protocol which enables applications to access each other s data.
What does OATH stand for?
OATH stands for Open Authentication
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of OATH
We have 4 other meanings of OATH in our Acronym Attic
- Oklahoma Association of Teacher Educators
- Office of Apprenticeship Training, Employer, and Labor Services (US DoL)
- Ongwediva Annual Trade Fair (Ongwediva, Namibia)
- Open Architecture Test Facility (US Navy)
- Organic Advisory Task Force (Minnesota)
- Ontario Association of Teachers of German
- Oxford Asian Textile Group (UK)
- Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings (New York, NY)
- OK, Allow slack, Take up slack, Help (underground/underwater rescue using a tending line)
- Ontario Association of Trading Houses (Canada)
- Organization of African Traditional Healers
- Oswald and the Herringbones (band)
- One-in-a-Thousand Society (est. 1992; high IQ society)
- Obligation Assimilable du Trésor Indexée sur l'iinflation
- Ontario Agricultural Training Institute (energy industry software developer)
- Open Access Technology International, Inc
- Obligation Assimilable du Trésor Indexée sur l'estimation (Provisoire de l'Indice des Prix)
- On a Totally Irrelevant Subject
- Ohio Association of Teachers of Japanese
- Ochrana A Tvorba Krajiny (Slovak)
Samples in periodicals archive:
15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nok Nok Labs announced today that the company will host a webinar to introduce the technology community to the company and its approach to the market, as well as introduce the FIDO Alliance - the industry-working group focused on driving adoption of the standards-based open authentication protocol.
Among specific topics are system integration of NFC ticketing into an existing public transport infrastructure, implementing open authentication for web services with a secure memory card, an NFC-based solution for discount and loyalty mobile coupons, and switching the role of NFC tag and reader to implement smart posters.
On Monday, VeriSign introduced the Open Authentication Reference Architecture, which it abbreviates to OATH, and said it will start selling authentication tokens later this year to drive adoption of the architecture.
The IETF has approved the following as RFCs: OCRA - OATH Challenge-Response Algorithm RFC 6287 This specification comprises an algorithm for challenge-response authentication developed by the Initiative for Open Authentication (OATH).
About the Initiative for Open AuTHentication The Initiative for Open AuTHentication (OATH) is the industry's leading collaboration of device, platform and application companies, and end user customers of authentication technologies.
The security devices, based on Open Authentication (OATH), are part of Gemalto's Protiva Medsecure solution and will be packaged within Equifax s Anakam Identity Services.
While the new Open Authentication Reference Architecture (OATH) project, announced yesterday by VeriSign Inc, seems to have the erosion of RSA's dominance in mind, ActivCard is apparently not 100% sold on the idea, despite being a member.