The Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH) provides the ARROW Discovery Service with a method of harvesting the metadata records from these repositories, irrespective of the variances in software.
What does OAI stand for?
OAI stands for Open Archives Initiative (interoperability standards for on-line documents)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OAI
We have 73 other meanings of OAI in our Acronym Attic
- Oklahoma Alliance on Health or Tobacco
- Oregon Association of Health Underwriters
- Off-Axis Illumination
- Official Action Indicated (US FDA)
- Ohio Aerospace Institute
- Oil Analyzers, Inc. (US and Canada)
- Ok As Is
- Online Auction Industry
- Open Applications Interface
- Open Architecture Initiative
- Optical Associates Inc.
- Optional Additional Insurance (life insurance)
- Oracle Academic Initiative
- Organizational Activity Interface
- Organizational Assessment and Improvement (National Cemetery Administration; US VA)
- Organizational Assessment Instrument (US DHHS)
- Other Accompanying Information (federal finances)
- Outdoor Advertising Incorporated
- Outlook Add-In
- Outside Air Intake
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Repository uses DSpace, which complies with the Open Archives Initiative (OAI) framework allowing publications to be easily indexed and searched by web search engines and other indexing services.
9781591582809 Using the Open Archives Initiative protocol for metadata harvesting.
Many proposals regarding this reclamation by the academy and the wider dissemination of scholarly work involve Open Archives Initiative (OAI) software.
In one attempt to make this wealth of digital data more accessible, digital library activists have founded the Open Archives Initiative (www.
OTCBB:AUGR) (Pink Sheets:AUGR), a technology innovator providing library automation solutions for over 35 years, today announced that AGent Digital Collections[TM], a web-based collection preservation and delivery solution, is compliant with the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH).
Software tools used to harvest the metadata, such as the Open Archives Initiative (OAI) Harvester used by digital libraries such as the NSDL Libraries have been creating representations or catalog records for children's resources for many years.
a leader of comprehensive archiving solutions that includes digital archiving and asset management software systems, and digitization and content conversion services, announced today that ArchivalWare(TM) is now Open Archives Initiative (OAI) Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (PMH) compliant.