Funding from the former Ontario Women's Directorate of the Ministry of Children and Youth has provided necessary supports for the OFIFC to work with Aboriginal communities to develop effective campaigns mandated to focus on the issues of violence against women, violence witnessed by Aboriginal children, and talking to Aboriginal men about how violence can end.
What does OWD stand for?
OWD stands for Ontario Women's Directorate (Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OWD
We have 24 other meanings of OWD in our Acronym Attic
- Ottawa West Community Support (Canada)
- Otago Women's Child Sexual Abuse (study)
- Oamaru Whitestone Civic Trust (New Zealand)
- Norwood, MA, USA - Memorial Code (Airport Code)
- Oak Wilt Disease (trees)
- Oberwaltersdorf (Austria)
- Obsessive Werewolf Disorder
- Offender Workforce Development Division (also seen as OWDD; National Institute of Corrections)
- Oil Water Detector (pipeline monitoring)
- One-Way Delay
- Open Water Diver (scuba diving)
- Open Web Design (est. 2005; free web design templates)
- Operating while Disqualified (Wisconsin)
- Organization-Wide Default
- Otay Water District (California)
- Our Wedding Day
- Overlapping Window Decorrelating
- Workload & Trends Analysis Division (DCAA)
- Ogaden Welfare and Development Association (Ethiopia)
- Ohio Water Development Authority
Samples in periodicals archive:
Confederation College is home to an exciting new Aboriginal Women in the Skilled Trades pre-apprenticeship training program funded under the Ontario Women's Directorate.
3; Nishnawbe Aski Nation; Union of Ontario Indians; independent First Nations' representatives; Federation of Indian Friendship Centres; Ontario Native Women's Association; Ontario Metis Aboriginal Association; Ontario Ministry of Health; Ontario Native Affairs Secretariat, Ontario Women's Directorate and the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
It was to address these limitations that the Women We Honour Action Committee approached the Ontario Women's Directorate for funding to conduct their study of intimate femicide in Ontario.