Proposed Changes to Ontario Regulation In a letter dated September 20, TEI's Toronto Chapter submitted comments to the Ontario Ministry of Finance Chapter on the province's proposed changes to Regulation 1013 of the Ontario Retail Sales Tax Act.
What does ORST stand for?
ORST stands for Ontario Retail Sales Tax
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ORST
- Offsite Radioactive Shipment Record
- Outstanding Rural Scholar Recognition Program (Texas)
- Oak Ridge Science Semester (Oak Ridge National Laboratory; Oak Ridge, TN)
- Office of Research and Strategic Services (Minnesota)
- Operational Research Society of Singapore (est. 1975; Singapore)
- Optical Recognition System Simulator
- Operations Research Society of South Africa
- Oak Ridge Site Specific Advisory Board
- Ocean Reef Sea Sports Club (Australia)
- Office of Research Services and Sponsored Programs
- Operation Result Status
- Ordered Relation Score Tree (algorithm)
- Overlapping Region Sojourn Time
- Orienting Station (surveyed reference location for positioning field artillery)
- Overlap-Reduced Semiempirical Tight-Binding
- Office de la Recherche Scientifique et Technique d'Outre-Mer (French)
- Operations Research Society of Taiwan
- Oregon Sports Union (Portland, OR)
- Odontoglossum Ringspot Virus
- Oil Rig Supply Vessel (boat construction)
Samples in periodicals archive:
If the repairer fails to collect Ontario retail sales tax (ORST) on the invoice, the warrantor should self-assess and remit the tax due on the invoice on line 3 ("tax on purchases for own use") of its Ontario retail sales tax return.
This Ontario retail sales tax on insurance premiums is to apply with respect to all new contracts of insurance (including expanded services) or renewals with substantial changes in terms or conditions of payment that came into effect after May 19, 1993.
The special Ontario retail sales tax on fuel inefficient vehicles is a move in this direction.