He spent several years as a research engineer and manager at the Ontario Research Foundation (ORF) involved in the development of pollution control systems.
What does ORF stand for?
ORF stands for Ontario Research Foundation (now ORTECH International)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ORF
We have 49 other meanings of ORF in our Acronym Attic
- Observer Research Foundation (India)
- Oceanic Resource Foundation
- Oesterreichischer Rundfunk (Austrian Broadcasting Corporation)
- Oesterreichischer Rundfunk (Austrian radio and television company)
- Official Representation Funds
- Ohio Renaissance Festival (Wilmington, Ohio)
- Old Retired Fart
- Olympus Raw Format (file extension)
- Onshore Receiving Facilities
- Ontario Renaissance Festival (Milton, Ontario)
- Open Reading Frame (genetics)
- Open Reading Frame (genome)
- Open Research Forum (various locations)
- Operational Readiness Float
- Operations Research and Facilities
- Oral Reading Fluency
- Orbital Reference Frame
- Order Request Form (various organizations)
- Organic Rye Flour
- Organisation Rotaract de la Francophonie (French Rotary club)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He previously served as Founding Chairman of early stage technology investment fund Innovation Ontario Corporation and as Governor of the Ontario Research Foundation (Ortech), and is the former director of a number of companies and organizations, including the National Bank of Canada and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
Except for teaching one year at Queen's University and four years at the University of Illinois, he spent the rest of his working career in applied research and development--five years in laboratory and plant R&D with Shawinigan Chemicals, 24 years with Atomic Energy of Canada in project direction and administration, five years as director of research with the Ontario Research Foundation, and three years as project leader with Wardrop and Associates.