org and WorldShare are trademarks/service marks of OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.
What does OCLC stand for?
OCLC stands for Online Computer Library Center
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OCLC
We have 8 other meanings of OCLC in our Acronym Attic
- Office of Congressional and Legislative Affairs
- Ohio Club Lamb Association (Winchester, Ohio)
- Ontario Criminal Lawyers Association (Canada)
- Orange Coast Leather Assembly (California)
- Orange County Library Association (California)
- Organización Continental Latinoamericana Y Caribeña de Estudiantes (Spanish: Latin American and Caribbean Continental Organization of Students)
- Ohio Class Liaison Action Record
- Our Children Left Behind
- Ohio College Library Center (now Online Computer Library Center)
- Online Computer Library Catalog
- Orange County Literacy Council (est. 1984; Carrboro, NC)
- Office of Chinese Language Council International (China)
- Office Central de Lutte Contre la Criminalité Liée aux Technologies de l'Information et de la Communication (French: Central Office for the Fight Against Crime Linked to Information Technology and Communication)
- Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development (Oberoi Hotels & Resorts)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Love Disorder
- Optical Channel Laser Detector
- Organizational Communication Learning and Design
- Original Cost of Assets Less Depreciation
- Organizational Communication, Learning, and Design Association (Ithaca, NY)
- Object Constraint Language Environment
Samples in periodicals archive:
Forte is affiliated with the Online Computer Library Center.
Geek the Library was developed and is being implemented by the nonprofit cooperative Online Computer Library Center (OCLC), which provides services to 72,000 libraries in 171 countries and territories.
The Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) Open WorldCat project is an important centralized service that is now making library holdings information accessible worldwide via Internet search engines like Google and Yahoo.
Cambridge Scientific Abstracts (CSA; Bethesda, MD) has acquired the Public Affairs Information Service (PAIS), publishers of the "PAIS International" and "PALS Archive" databases, from OCLC Online Computer Library Center (Dublin, OH).
Paterson & Sons Limited NP Dodge Company OCLC Online Computer Library Center.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in Seattle is giving $9 million over three years to the Online Computer Library Center in Dublin, Ohio, to build a Web-based public access computing portal for public libraries and other groups that provide open access to information.
Employing a staff of over 250, the MIT Libraries maintain membership in the Association of Research Libraries, the International Association of Technological University Libraries, the Online Computer Library Center, and the Boston Library Consortium.