Currently the one-parent family payment is paid to a parent until the youngest child reaches 18, or 22, if the child continues in full-time education.
What does OPFP stand for?
OPFP stands for One-Parent Family Payment (Ireland)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of OPFP in our Acronym Attic
- Other Peoples Fax Machines
- Our Power Forced Matrix (MLM club)
- Outlet Plenum Feature Model
- Outlet Plenum Feature Module
- Organization of Parents and Family Members of the Disappeared (Sri Lanka)
- Optimal-Parameter Fast Multipole Method (chemistry)
- Oscillator's Phase, Frequency Offset and Drift Rate Test
- Operating Force (US DoD)
- Opposing Force
- Orthogonal-Plane Fluorescence Optical Sectioning
- Ohio Police & Fire Pension Fund
- Old Perverts from Sweden (gaming clan)
- One Parent Families Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)
- Oracle Parallel Fail Safe (database tool)
- Order Processing and Fulfillment System
- Outpatient Fee Schedule
- Over Protective Father Syndrome
- Oak Park Festival Theatre (Oak Park, IL)
- Oppenheim Pramerica Fonds Trust (German financial venture)
- Other Than Permanent Full Time
Samples in periodicals archive:
Information we have from the department is that people in receipt of the One-Parent Family Payment tend to be on it for relatively short periods.
Minister Hanafin said the Government's policy on the one-parent family payment was not working - and that many other countries stop the payment when children reach the age of five or six.