| LONDON, Jan 24 (KUNA) -- The UK Government's debt has smashed through the one trillion pounds barrier for the first time despite a bigger-than-expected fall in borrowing in December, figures revealed Tuesday.
What does Tera stand for?
Tera stands for One Trillion (10^12)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Tera
We have 20 other meanings of Tera in our Acronym Attic
- Trans-European Railway (UN)
- Transcutaneous Electrical Resistance
- Transfer Effectiveness Ratio
- Transitional Endoplasmic Reticulum
- Transmission Equivalent Resistance
- Transphase Eradication Rod (Stargate)
- Travel Expense Report
- Triple Ejector Rack
- Threatened, Endangered, and At-Risk Species
- Fondazione per Adroterapia Oncologica
- Techno Economic Results from ACTS
- Temporary Early Retirement Act
- Temporary Early Retirement Authority
- Terminal Effects Research and Analysis
- Terrain Analysis
- Territorial Aspects of Enterprise in Remote Rural Areas
- Test of Early Reading Ability
- Teton Emergency Responders Association (Jackson Hole, WY)
- The Eagle Rock Association (Eagle Rock, California)
- Thermonuclear Electrostatic Reactor Apparatus
Samples in periodicals archive:
The move came amid calls for Chung, 73, to honour his promise to donate one trillion won ($924 million).
Developing and emerging nations attracted the lion's share of the world's foreign direct investment of more than one trillion dollars for the first time last year, a UN agency said on Monday.
With 50 to 100 billion stars in each galaxy, the universe may contain 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars - or about one trillion stars for every person on Earth
Researchers from three corporations have succeeded for the first time in transmitting information through an optical fiber at the mind-boggling rate of one trillion bits a second.
And Republican House Majority Leader Eric Cantor warned in an interview with ABC television that there would be a political price to pay if the Senators "let legislation just fester cited the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO estimate that repealing the legislation would add some 230 billion dollars to the US deficits through 2019, and possibly one trillion dollars the next ten years.
Japan's biggest bank Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) plans to boost its capital by some one trillion yen (11 billion dollars) through public offerings of common stock, according to news reports.
The panel headed by Fed chairman Ben Bernanke also pledged to continue a program of more than one trillion dollars to help keep credit flowing to the housing market and other segments of the economy by purchasing mortgage securities and other assets.