If every single visitor who walks into Snowdonia National Park or visits a beach on Anglesey takes away one piece of litter, that's thousands of tonnes of litter.
What does OPOL stand for?
OPOL stands for One Piece of Litter (clean up project)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OPOL
We have 1 other meaning of OPOL in our Acronym Attic
- Openbaar Primair Onderwijs Dordrecht (Dutch: Dordrecht Primary Public Education; Netherlands)
- Over Promise, Over Deliver
- On Principles of Distributed Systems (workshop)
- Officiating Program of Excellence (Hockey Canada)
- One Plus One Equals Three
- Open Purchase Order Header
- Openbaar Primair Onderwijs in Haarlem (Dutch: Public Primary Education in Haarlem; Haarlem, Netherlands)
- Our Picture of Health (report; Mesa County, CO)
- Official Place of Listing
- One Parent, One Language (bilingual child raising method)
- Open Purchase Order Line (inquiry)
- Department of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine (various universities)
- Occluded Particulate Organic Matter
- Office of Program Operations and Management (CDC)
- Order Provisioning and Order Management
- Ordnance Programs Optimization Model
- Overnight Parking on Madison (band)
- Office of the Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland (UK)
- Openbaar Primair Onderwijs Oegstgeest (Dutch)
- Old Post Office Pavilion (historic site; El Centro, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
What really struck me on my journey, though, was that all along the journey, all the way from the University Hospital, all through the main roads past Coombe Abbey, Brinklow, Newbold and into Rugby town centre, I didn't see one piece of litter anywhere.
If I see one piece of litter in here you'll be arrested
Shockingly, it meant the equivalent of one piece of litter every 50cm of beach surveyed.
Instead of making posters and fliers that could contribute to the problem, the students are urging people to sign T-shirts promising to pick up one piece of litter a day.
The survey recorded an average of one piece of litter for every 52cm of beach.
What a lovely new play area they have, the grass is cut, not one piece of litter.
Of urgent concern to the cities is EPA's apparent establishment of a Zero Trash Standard for the Los Angeles River, noting: "under USEPA's Trash TMDLs, one piece of litter discharged into the Los Angeles River through any part of (the cities') storm drain system, after year 10, would violate the Trash TMDLs and subject (the cities) to unwarranted enforcement action, penalties and third party citizen suits.