The OSDL DCL Working Group defined Linux capabilities and assigned priorities based on what companies need in Linux to support demanding, enterprise-class applications such as high-end on-line transaction processing (OLTP) and decision support," said Steve Geary, director of Linux Engineering at HP and chair of the DCL Working Group.
What does OLTP stand for?
OLTP stands for On-Line Transaction Processing
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of OLTP
We have 2 other meanings of OLTP in our Acronym Attic
- On-Line Transfer of Funds (University of California, San Diego)
- Open Loop Transfer Function
- Office of Liaison and Technical Information
- Our Lady the Immaculate Virgin
- Office of Long Term Living (Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare)
- One Life To Live
- Optical Line Terminating Multiplexer (also abbreviated O-LTM)
- Our Leader the Mockingjay
- Oklahoma Library Technology Network (electronic library resources; est. 1999)
- O Little Town of Bethlehem (song)
- Online Learning and Teaching Program (various schools)
- Open Learning Training Package
- Original Licensed Thermal Power (nuclear)
- Orthotopic Liver Transplantation
- Obiettivo Laboratori Territoriali in Rete (Italian: Objective Territorial Laboratories Network)
- On Line Tracking System (EPA)
- On-Line Traffic School, Inc. (est. 1996; Camarillo, CA)
- Optical Loss Test Set
- Organizational Level Test Set
- Outdoor Leadership Training Seminar
Samples in periodicals archive:
Economy, has helped GTE develop one of the world's largest and fastest on-line transaction processing (OLTP) systems using Informix solutions.
LaVigna as President of Transactive Corporation, GTECH's wholly owned subsidiary that provides on-line transaction processing services, including electronic benefits transfer (EBT), on behalf of government agencies.
suite of Healthcare Xcellence (HX) (TM) software as an ASP, utilizing on-line transaction processing systems and the Internet.
HP also announced initial benchmark performance results including the world's highest assembly-to-order (ATO) standard application benchmark(1), measuring the real-world demands of a typical supply-chain management environment, and an outstanding TPC-C benchmark, used to indicate on-line transaction processing speed.
suite of Healthcare Xcellence (HX)(TM) software as an application service provider (ASP), utilizing on-line transaction processing systems and the Internet.
suite of Healthcare Xcellence (Hx)(TM) software as an application service provider (ASP), utilizing on-line transaction processing systems and the Internet.
Solutions America provides its products and services through its wholly-owned operating entities PayCom, a real-time, on-line transaction processing service founded in 1996, dedicated to providing the most advanced fraud prevention, site administration and customer support systems in on-line transaction processing; Pointyheads Intermedia, a design firm providing full web and portal design solutions from initial creative concept to site planning and implementation; and Sentinel Software, a Virginia-based software consulting firm specializing in the creation of database and web-based solutions for information dissemination, electronic processing, and data analysis for e-commerce businesses.