For the first time, the Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention at the Windber Research Institute looks at the anticipated financial impact of the expansion of the evidence-based Olweus Bullying Prevention Program (OBPP) during a three-year period in the 49 Pennsylvania counties that the Highmark Foundation serves.
What does OBPP stand for?
OBPP stands for Olweus Bullying Prevention Program
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OBPP
We have 3 other meanings of OBPP in our Acronym Attic
- Otto Bruyns Public Library (Northfield, NJ)
- Ortho Biotech Products, LP
- Office Blood Pressure Measurement (cardiology)
- Online Business Performance Management (analytics)
- Order Based Production Management
- Out-Patient Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Ontario Bean Producers Marketing Board (Canada)
- Object-Based Parallel Modeling Languages
- Organization of Book Publishers of Ontario (Canada)
- Office of Budget and Program Planning (Montana)
- Open Book Peace Project (Chicago, IL)
- Oregon Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan
- Octanol/Buffer Partition Ratio
- Office of Best Practice Regulation (Australia)
- Office of Biological and Physical Research (NASA)
- Obstacle-Based Probabilistic Roadmap (robotics method)
- Obturacyjny Bezdech Podczas Snu (Polish: Obstructive Sleep Apnea; snoring)
- Olave Baden-Powell Society (World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts)
- On Base Plus Slugging (baseball statistic)
- Optical Bi-Directional Path-Switched Ring
Samples in periodicals archive:
240) The Olweus Bullying Prevention Program asks school administrators to "ensure that all staff intervene on the spot when bullying occurs.
The Olweus Bullying Prevention Program is a proven school-based program to reduce bullying and improve peer relations in schools (Institute on Family & Neighborhood Life, 2010).
The most effective bullying prevention efforts appear to be whole-school prevention programs, such as the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program (Olweus et al.
The Olweus Bullying Prevention Program in Norway, for example, is supported by more than 20 years of research and has been endorsed by the United States Department of Health and Human Services as a model that can be easily replicated.
The report, funded by Highmark Healthy High 5, an initiative of the Highmark Foundation, notes that after just six months of implementing the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program, there was a decrease in reports of bullying, a decrease in the percentage of students who believe they could join in bullying, and an increase in students who believe they would help a bullied student.
Dan Olweus, author of the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program (OBPP) will be receiving this year's prestigious Award for Distinguished Contributions to the International Advancement of Psychology at the meeting of the American Psychological Association in Washington, D.
Hazelden and the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program are the gold standard in evidence-based bullying prevention programs.