Currently, Borouge I and Borouge II, located in Ruwais comprise two crackers, one olefins conversion unit, five polyolefin plants -- which include two polypropylene and three polyethylene units.
What does OCU stand for?
OCU stands for Olefins Conversion Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OCU
We have 38 other meanings of OCU in our Acronym Attic
- Out Came the Wolves (band)
- Oxford Companion to Wine (book)
- Ocean-Continent Transition Zone
- Oakland City University (Oakland City, IN)
- Oceanic Community Union (vidoe game)
- Office Channel Unit
- Office Clerical Unit
- Ogoni Central Union
- Okinawa Christian University (Japan)
- Oklahoma City University
- Operational Capability Update
- Operational Command Unit (London Metropolitan Police)
- Operational Conversion Unit
- Operator Control Unit (robotics)
- Orderwire Control Unit
- Organisation of Consumers and Users (Spain)
- Organisation pour une Citoyenneté Universelle (French: Organization for Universal Citizenship)
- Organización de Consumidores y Usuarios (Spanish: Organization of Consumers and Users)
- Office Channel User-Data Port
- Ocean County Utilities Authority (Bayville, NJ)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We are also starting the biggest olefins conversion unit (of) 750,000 tonnes, converting ethylene to propylene," he added.
5 million tonnes ethane cracker, the world's largest olefins conversion unit (with a capacity of 750,000 tonnes), two BorstarA polypropylene plants with a total capacity of 800,000 tonnes and a 540,000 tonnes BorstarA polyethylene plant.
As well as the ethylene cracker, the Borouge 2 project will comprise the world's biggest olefins conversion unit, producing 752kt per annum and two Borstar polypropylene plants with a combined annual capacity of 800kt, along with a new Borstar Enhanced PE plant producing 540kt to compliment the existing 600kt unit.
The Phase-III expansion last month took a step forward, with the submission of bids for the offsites and utilities (O&U) contract and the issue of invitation to bid documents for what will be the world's largest olefins conversion unit (OCU).
In Q410, an olefins conversion unit producing 752,000tpa propylene, together with 50,000tpa of propylene delivered from Adnoc's refinery, began supplying the two Borstar PP units with combined capacity of 800,000tpa.
There are two crackers, one olefins conversion unit, five polyolefin plants EoAC" which include two polypropylene and three polyethylene units.
3 billion for the cracker; $300 million for the olefins conversion unit.