ROSE tips LANDSCAPING WITH OLD GARDEN ROSES Old garden roses, unlike their modern, hybrid tea cousins, do not have to be confined to a rose bed but can be incorporated into almost any garden landscape.
What does OGR stand for?
OGR stands for Old Garden Rose
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OGR
We have 34 other meanings of OGR in our Acronym Attic
- Obedinennoe Gossudarstvennoe Politicheskoe Upravleniye
- Offset Guidelines Quarterly Bulletin
- O Gauge Railroading (Magazine, model railroading)
- Off-Gas Recovery
- Office of Geologic Repositories
- Office of Government Relations
- Office of Government Reports (US government)
- Office of Grants and Research (various organizations)
- Officer Grade Requirement(s)
- Ogden Regional Medical Center (Ogden, UT)
- Old Glory Records
- Old Growth Reserve (forestry)
- Old Growth Riverwood (wood products; Wilmington, NC)
- Old Guys Rule
- Open Grave Records (record label)
- OpenGIS Simple Features Reference Implementation
- Optimal Golomb Ruler
- Order of the Golden Rule
- Ordnance Gunnery and Readiness
- Ordnance, Gunnery and Readiness Division (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In France, the House of Meilland, long a pioneer of low-maintenance roses, has developed various landscape and ground cover varieties, notably its Drift series, as well as Romantica varieties that seek to marry the look of old garden roses with a 21st-century resilience.
Old Garden roses are divided according their origins - Group A are those mostly from European breeding and Group B are those hybrids between Oriental and European roses.
The donations include both modern and old garden roses.
Most shrub roses and old garden roses only need the dead canes removed and a slight reshaping to keep the plant within the desired boundaries.
Currently the garden has more than 1,000 rose plants, including eight tree roses, 264 hybrid teas, 53 floribundas, 36 grandifloras, 506 miniature roses, 64 shrubs and 73 old garden roses.
The couple's garden boasts nearly 350 roses, including 85 hybrid teas, 50 floribundas, 165 miniatures, 12 old garden roses, 15 Austin shrubs and a few miscellaneous varieties.
This group is classified as a shrub and combines the fragrance of old garden roses and the everblooming power of modern roses.