For the first time, the Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority is not a partner, but the sole owner and operator in the power plant project, which will be a natural gas-fired unit and will help meet the current demands and future growth of municipal members several years into the future.
What does OMPA stand for?
OMPA stands for Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority (Edmond, OK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OMPA
We have 8 other meanings of OMPA in our Acronym Attic
- Outbound Message Processor
- Outer Membrane Protein
- Owen Media Partners (Canada)
- Office of Military Personnel/Adjutant General
- Major Outer Membrane Protein Gene
- Outer Membrane Protein-2
- Outer Membrane Protein 3
- Occupational Medicine Performance Assessment
- Octamethyl Pyrophosphoramide
- Ohio Maple Producers Association (Wooster, OH)
- Oregon Media Production Association (est. 1982)
- Outer Membrane Protein A
- Ohio Medical Political Action Committee
- Oklahoma Medical Political Action Committee
- Optimal Mix of Passive and Active Control (algorithm)
- Over Molded Pad Array Carrier
- Oil Mineral Producing Areas Development Commission
- Outer Membrane Protein B (gene)
- Oak Mountain Presbyterian Church (Birmingham, AL)
- Office of Municipal Pollution Control (EPA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AECC), 12 percent for its 490,000 members; East Texas Electric Cooperative (ETEC), 8 percent for its 178,000 customers; and Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority (OMPA), 7 percent, serving 39 municipal electric systems in the state.
Under a separate agreement, Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority, which with Swepco is a co-owner of the John W.
30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- OG&E today announced that the company, along with the Grand River Dam Authority (GRDA) and the Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority (OMPA), has completed its acquisition of the Redbud power plant near Luther.
In addition, the company, along with partners Public Service Company of Oklahoma (PSO) and Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority (OMPA), has announced plans to build a 950MW supercritical, pulverized coal plant at the site of the company's existing Sooner plant.
5 million and will operate the plant on behalf of its co-owners, the Grand River Dam Authority (GRDA) and the Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority (OMPA).
PSO will own 50% of the new unit, OG&E 42%, and the Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority will own the remaining 8%.
announced today that its regulated utility subsidiary, Oklahoma Gas and Electric Company (OG&E), has signed definitive agreements with Kelson Holdings LLC (Kelson Holdings), the Grand River Dam Authority (GRDA) and the Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority (OMPA) to purchase the natural gas-fired Redbud power plant near Luther, Okla.