The NOFO Standard applies to the design of and the equipment carriage requirements for oil spill response vessels operating on the Norwegian Continental shelf and is quickly becoming internationally accepted.
What does OSRV stand for?
OSRV stands for Oil Spill Response Vessel
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OSRV
We have 2 other meanings of OSRV in our Acronym Attic
- Ohio Special Response Team, Inc. (Mansfield, OH)
- Oil Spill Response Technician (US DHS)
- Oklahoma Society of Radiologic Technologists (Edmond, OK)
- Onalaska Shared Ride Taxi (Wisconsin)
- Organic Solvent-Resistant Tyrosinase
- Oxoid Salmonella Rapid Test (microbiology)
- Orissa State Road Transport Corporation (India)
- Office of Superfund Remediation and Technology Innovation (US EPA)
- Olin-Sang-Ruby Union Institute (Oconomowoc, WI)
- Odontoglossum Ringspot Tobamovirus
- Outside Rear-View Mirror
- One System Remote Video Terminal
- Outstanding State Resource Water (EPA designation for bodies of water)
- Ontario Southland Railway
- Oklahoma State Roundup of Young People in Alcoholics Anonymous
- Advanced Broadband Operational Support Systems
- Object Service Standard (SEMI)
- Object Storage Server
- Objective Supply System
- Observatory of the Sahara and the Sahel
Samples in periodicals archive:
Port of London Authority sent out two oil spill response vessels to remove some of the slick from the water before it reached the shore.
An oil spill response vessel from the coast guard was also deployed to the area to monitor any discharge from the wreckage of the Superferry 9.
Crewmembers of the oil spill response vessels are employed by Dyn Marine Services, a subsidiary of DynCorp.
Diamond Offshore Drilling * 1 each 7000' hydraulic pod hose and pod reel * 1 each BOP mandrel * 1 each DWHC BOP connector Marine Spill Response Corporation (MSRC) * Coordinating 4 C-130 aircraft (1 MSRC, 1 Commercial, 2 Air Force) spraying dispersants, along with six smaller planes that act as spotters * 8 Oil Spill Response Vessels (OSRVs) - each 210' long - on site and working actively * 2 additional OSRVs en route from Maine and New York.