Players at the expert level memorize the Official SCRABBLE Players Dictionary and devote hours upon hours to studying obscure words.
What does OSPD stand for?
OSPD stands for Official Scrabble Players Dictionary
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of OSPD
We have 3 other meanings of OSPD in our Acronym Attic
- Ontario Storm Prediction Centre (Environment Canada)
- Open Society Policy Center (Washington, DC)
- Operator Service Providers Committee
- Orquesta Sinfónica de la Provincia del Chaco (Argentina)
- outer surface protein C
- Ohio Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Orissa State Pollution Control Board (India)
- Operating System Platform Compatibility Matrix
- Office of the State Public Defender (various states)
- Outer Surface Protein D
- Objective Structured Practical Evaluation
- Objective Structured Practical Examination
- Office of the Senior Procurement Executive
- Ohio Society of Professional Engineers
- Ontario Society of Professional Engineers
- Optical Society of Professional Engineers
- Organizational Spare Parts & Equipment
- Outside Plant Engineering
- Osage-Skiatook Petroleum Environmental Research (Osage County, OK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The purpose of this article is to exhibit an alphabetic rearrangement (not unique) that minimizes the number of three-letter Official Scrabble Players Dictionary heterograms.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] For all the Scrabble players in the house, the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary provides brief definitions for more than 100,000 words.
Features of the RealArcade version of SCRABBLE include: -- Hints and Best Play suggestions to accommodate all skill levels -- Classic, Blitz, Tournament and Custom Tournament modes -- Play against computer or human opponents -- Merriam-Webster's The Official SCRABBLE Players Dictionary -- Fourth Edition The free demo version of SCRABBLE is now available at RealArcade and GameHouse.
For this reason I chose to use the current (6th) version of the Official Tournament and Club Word List (often called TWL) which is based on the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary (OPSD).
He simply memorized the 120,000 word Official SCRABBLE Players Dictionary even though he hardly knows the meaning of any of them.
Can someone do it using the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary or Webster's Collegiate?
Even today, the sanitised family edition of the American Official Scrabble Players Dictionary omits dozens of supposedly offensive words.