Referring to the hike in the official discount rate from 0.
What does ODR stand for?
ODR stands for Official Discount Rate
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ODR
We have 71 other meanings of ODR in our Acronym Attic
- Orbital Debris Quarterly News (US NASA)
- Optical Differential Quadrature Phase Shift Keying (telecommunications, England)
- Obligation Disbursement Report
- Octal Data Rate (high speed memory interface transfers 8 bits of data per clock cycle)
- Offender Detail Report
- Office Discipline Referral (school safety assessment)
- Office of Defense Records
- Office of Defense Representative (US DoD)
- Office of Disability Resources (Miami University, OH)
- Office of Dispute Resolution
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Japan, monetary authorities facing the same situation of asset inflation with stable consumer prices concluded that it was the role of the central bank to deal with the issue, and the Bank of Japan fought aggressively, with a very fast hike of the official discount rate, from 2.
Nakahara voted against the extension on the grounds that there was insufficient need for the BOJ to apply the official discount rate to the Lombard facility on any business day as proposed, according to the minutes.
Having cut interest rates to the bone -- the official discount rate has been half a per cent for three and a half years -- Japan remains mired in its worst postwar recession.
75 percent, below the official discount rate (ODR).
dollars with respect to the ADRs), plus interest at an annual rate equivalent to the applicable official discount rate, as determined from time to time by the Bank of Sweden, plus two percentage points.
It also decided to raise the official discount rate to 0.
The BOJ will apply the official discount rate to the Lombard-type lending facility on any business day in the period starting March 1 and ending April 15, suspending the current restriction on the maximum number of days for such use, namely five business days in a reserve maintenance period.