According to a survey by California Polytechnic State University, only about 29 percent of police agencies across the country have a specific policy governing how to deal with officer-involved domestic violence.
What does OIDV stand for?
OIDV stands for Officer-Involved Domestic Violence
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Object Interface Definition Language
- O Ile Dobrze Pamiêtam (Polish: As Far As I Remember)
- Oracle Internet Development Pack
- Oral Impact on Daily Performances (dental care; clinical study)
- Overseas Internal Defense Policy
- Office of Indigent Defense Services (North Carolina)
- Office of Information Dissemination Services
- Oklahoma Indigent Defense System (criminal defense)
- Operational Information Display System
- Operator Interactive Display Terminal
- Office International de l'Eau (French: International Office for Water)
- Office International des Épizooties (French: International Office of Epizootics; Paris)
- Office of Indian Education (US Department of Education)
- Office of International Education (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Office of International Enforcement (US DHS)
- Office of Internet Enforcement (US Securities and Exchange Commission)
- Oficina Internacional de Epizootias (Spanish: World Organization for Animal Health)
- Operational Independent Evaluator
- Operator Induced Error
- Optimum Image Enlargement (Olympus)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This emerging phenomenon of officer-involved domestic violence has placed on-duty officers in confrontation with other police officers who are overwhelmed by a personal crisis situation.