Rolf, who was appointed Officer of the Order of Australia in the Queen's Birthday Honours list this year, received his award at the Australian High Commission.
What does AO stand for?
AO stands for Officer of the Order of Australia
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AO
We have 60 other meanings of AO in our Acronym Attic
- Automated Operations
- Autonomous Okrug
- Autres Objets (Canada universal postal union)
- Auxiliary Oiler (Ship Type)
- Auxiliary Operator (nuclear industry)
- Aviation Officer
- Aviation Ordnance Person (US DoD)
- Awards and Obligations
- Fly Outs (baseball statistic)
- Office of the Administrator
- Operational Availability
- Order of Australia
- Other Articles (US postal service)
- Älykkyysosamäärä (Finnish: Intelligence Quotient)
- Ausserordentlicher Professor (German: extraodinary professor)
- Advanced Optics & Display Application
- Administration, Operations, & Maintenance (US DoD)
- Acousto-Optic Frequency-Dependent Phase Compensation
- Angle-Optimized Finite Difference Time Domain
- American Optical Hardy-Rand-Rittler Color Vision Plates (ophthalmology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ms Schwartz is currently the Director of Qualitas Property Partners, a former President of the Melbourne International Arts Festival and an Officer of the Order of Australia in recognition of her contribution to business, commerce, community and the arts.
Alison Bush was an influential midwife from the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital who became an Officer of the Order of Australia in 1999 and was awarded the Centenary of Federation medal in 2002.
Murray was awarded the Centenary Medal for his contribution in the areas of banking and corporate governance, and was appointed an Officer of the Order of Australia in 2007, the report said.
The Australian Defence Force said Petraeus was made an honorary officer of the Order of Australia for his role as commanding general of the multi-nation force in Iraq from 26 January 2007 to 30 October 2008.
In 2000 she was made an Officer of the Order of Australia, and received the French honour, the Chevalier du l'Ordre des Arts at des Lettres in 2001.
Air Marshal Gration became an Officer of the Order of Australia in 1988.
In 2001 he was made an Officer of the Order of Australia, and in 2002 he was awarded the Centenary Medal for contributions to the environment.