According to David Kling, acting director of the Environmental Assistance Division in the Office of Toxic Substances, at that time it had been the agency's belief other federal standards in place were sufficient to protect the occupants of public and commercial buildings -- those of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), which protects workers and the NESHAP (National Emissions Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants), which states, if you renovate or demolish a building, you must first take out the asbestos.
What does OTS stand for?
OTS stands for Office of Toxic Substances
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OTS
We have 213 other meanings of OTS in our Acronym Attic
- Occupational Therapy Student
- Occurrence Tracking System
- Ocean Thermal Structure
- Off the Subject
- Off Tool Sample
- Offer to Settle (law)
- Office of Technology Services
- Office of Thrift Supervision (US Department of the Treasury)
- Office of Traffic Safety
- Office of Transport Security (Australia)
- Office of Transportation Services (various locations)
- Office of Trial Staff
- Office Telesystem
- Officer Training School
- Officers Training School (Mangla, Pakistan)
- Officers' Tactical School
- Oil Temperature Sensor (automotive engines)
- Old Testament Survey
Samples in periodicals archive:
EPA has "yet to reach a definitive decision about one type of asbestos being less harmful," says Tom Tillman of EPA's Office of Toxic Substances.
According to Maryanne Guichard, director of the state Department of Health's Office of Toxic Substances, these products cannot be made safe for food or beverage use by "curing" or other methods and should not be used for food preparation, serving, or storage.
He also served as director of the Office of Toxic Substances, where he was instrumental in developing U.