With more than 35 million Americans living in hurricane-prone areas, we need the reliable, accurate data GOES provide," said Gary Davis, director of the Office of Systems Development at NOAA's Satellite and Information Service.
What does OSD stand for?
OSD stands for Office of Systems Development
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OSD
We have 179 other meanings of OSD in our Acronym Attic
- Oakland School District
- Object-Based Storage Device
- Obstructive Sleep Disorder
- Ocala Service Directory
- Ocean Science Division (various locations)
- Ocean State Dubs (Rhode Island)
- Oceanside (Amtrak station code; Oceanside, CA)
- Office of Student Diversity (various schools)
- Office of Supplier Diversity (Florida)
- Office of Sustainable Development (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
will provide ongoing support to the Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite-R Series (GOES-R) program; Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS); Office of Systems Development (OSD) Ground Systems Division (GSD); OSD Technology, Planning and Integration for Observation (TPIO); and the Center for Satellite Applications and Research (STAR).
In overcoming some initial technical and programmatic problems, Space Systems/Loral distinguished itself in meeting our requirements for outstanding quality, innovation and service," said Gary Davis, director of the NOAA NESDIS Office of Systems Development.