To assist in their transition to the United States and help them attain employment, the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) provides temporary cash, medical, and other assistance through four different assistance programs.
What does ORR stand for?
ORR stands for Office of Refugee Resettlement (HHS)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ORR
We have 52 other meanings of ORR in our Acronym Attic
- Oregon Parent Training and Information Center (Salem, OR)
- Open Response Question
- Optimal Reorder Quantity
- Organized Raiders of Quellious (video gaming)
- Orthogonal Rayleigh Quotient Iteration Method (algorithm)
- Oak Ridge Reservation (Tennessee)
- Objective Response Rate
- Obligor Risk Rating
- Off-The-Road Radial Tire
- Office of Rail Regulation (UK government; formerly Office of the Rail Regulator)
- Office of Regulation Review (Australia)
- Office of Response and Restoration (NOAA)
- Office of the Rail Regulator (UK government; now Office of Rail Regulation)
- Old Rochester Regional (Massachusetts)
- Online Research Resource (Illinois)
- Open Records Request (various locations)
- Operational Readiness Report
- Operational Readiness Review
- Operational Replacement Radar
- Operator Response Required
Samples in periodicals archive:
Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), nearly 75,000 refugees entered the United States in 2009 (See "Melting Pot," page 34).
169) The International Organization for Migration ("IOM") arranges for transportation of the refugees, (170) USCIS adjudicates applications for refugee status, (171) and the Office of Refugee Resettlement ("ORR") assists with integration into American communities.
The budget for the Alliance for African Assistance, which is basically a resettlement agency, comes from the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement and county funding.
Additional funding for refugee assistance is available through federal agencies such as Health and Human Services' Office of Refugee Resettlement.
Orrin Hatch's office and included stints in the Department of Education and the Office of Refugee Resettlement.
1998) Elderly Refugees and Language Learning, Spring Institute for International Studies, Office of Refugee Resettlement.
If the United States did consider settling Kosovar refugees within its borders, the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement would transport them to states willing to accept them, said Bobbie Kimble, refugee coordinator for Los Angeles County.