He qualified as a Chartered Accountant with KPMG where he worked for 12 years specialising in Corporate Transaction Support Services including working for the Office of Passenger Rail Franchising on the privatisation of train operating companies.
What does OPRAF stand for?
OPRAF stands for Office of Passenger Rail Franchising (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently
We have 2 other meanings of OPRAF in our Acronym Attic
- Orographic Precipitation Radar
- Ottawa Photonics Research Alliance (Canada)
- Ottawa Policy Research Associates (Canada)
- Outdoors Program/Recreational Athletics
- Outlaw Pontiac Racers Association
- Overpayment Recovery Amount
- Online Parent Resource for Academic Achievement (Virginia)
- Oregon Passenger Rail Advisory Council
- Operating Problems Requiring Research & Development
- Ordo Praemonstratensis (Canons Regular of Premontre, Norbertines; religious order)
- Open Performance Review and Appraisal System (Tanzania)
- Operational Rations (US Army)
- Operational Planning and Review Board
- Other Post-Retirement Benefit
- Oxfendazole Pulse Release Bolus (veterinary pharmacology)
- Outpatient Registry of Blood Pressure
- International Convention on Oil Pollution Preparedness, Response and Co-Operation, 1990 (Maritime Law)
- Oak Park Runners Club
- Ocean Pollution Research Center (University of Miami; Miami, FL)
- Oil Pollution Preparedness, Response, and Cooperation
Samples in periodicals archive:
The report said the Office of Passenger Rail Franchising had used its powers, but these were not designed to raise standards significantly beyond those achieved by British Rail.
In 1997 Sea Containers realized that it needed additional train sets for its GNER subsidiary in order to meet demand and it entered into negotiations with the Office of Passenger Rail Franchising (now reconstituted as the "Shadow" Strategic Rail Authority) to extend the current franchise by 10 years to allow the immediate ordering of new trains and their finance at reasonable cost.
Sherwood said that continuing discussions are being held with the Office of Passenger Rail Franchising in the U.
A train company criticised for its late trains recorded its best performance in 18 months during March, according to statistics from the Office of Passenger Rail Franchising.
The figures from the Office of Passenger Rail Franchising ranked the 25 private train operators according to reliability and punctuality throughout last year.
The Office of Passenger Rail Franchising (OPRAF) yesterday published their report for 1998 for the 25 train operating firms in the UK.
Yesterday's figures were revealed by train watchdogs the Office of Passenger Rail Franchising.