Earlier in the day, members of the Senate Intelligence Committee said the administration had agreed to allow members of the committee to see all of the Office of Legal Counsel memos relating to the targeted killing of American citizens.
What does OLC stand for?
OLC stands for Office of Legal Counsel
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of OLC
We have 107 other meanings of OLC in our Acronym Attic
- Oklahoma Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
- Office of Legislative Budget Review (Nassau County, NY)
- Omaha, Lincoln, and Beatrice Railway Company
- On Line Bulletin System (Career Executive Assignment exam, California)
- Online Balance Sheet
- Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament (church)
- Our Little Brothers and Sisters (US group supporting Central American orphans)
- Oregon Latino Basketball Tournament
- Oak Leaf Cluster
- Object Life Cycle (computing)
- Office of Licensure and Certification (Virginia Department of Health)
- Officer's Loan Committee (banking)
- Offset Length Count (IBM)
- Ohio Library Council
- Ohlson Lavoie Collaborative (architecture firm; Denver, CO)
- Oklahoma Lottery Commission
- Old Lutheran Church
- On Line Center
- On Line Computer
- On Line Creator/Creation (MUD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Obama rejected the views of two top lawyers, the Pentagon general counsel and the head of the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel, both of whom believe the action is subject to War Powers, and thus requires congressional approval.
In December Senegalese President Abdoulaye Wade said he wanted to "get rid of" Habre, exiled for war crimes, crimes against humanity and torture, the AU's Director of Office of Legal Counsel told journalists.
presents all of the main memoranda drafted by the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel concerning the interrogation program then being conducted by the Central Intelligence Agency under the George W.
Perhaps most important, Francisco and Carvin--a law graduate of George Washington University--worked for the Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) under Reagan and Bush, respectively.
The Post said three months before Nashiri was captured, then-Justice Department Office of Legal Counsel head Jay S.
Johnsen to head the Justice Department's influential Office of Legal Counsel.
According to the inspectors general, the legal memo justifying warrantless wiretapping was written by John Yoo, then the deputy head of the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel and author of other memos that twisted the law to justify torture.