4, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Office of Justice Programs' Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) today released the bulletin Transfer of Juveniles to Adult Court: Effects of a Broad Policy in One Court, part of its Pathways to Desistance series.
What does OJJ stand for?
OJJ stands for Office of Juvenile Justice
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OJJ
- Old Joe Infirmary (action figure Internet retailer)
- On the Job Injury
- Ontario Justice International
- Open Java Interface
- Open JVM Integration
- Overlay Journal Infrastructure for Meteorological Sciences (UK)
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing
- Oregon Judicial Information Network
- Office of Justice Information Systems (Division of Criminal Justice Services; New York)
- Oregon Judicial Information System
- Om Jai Jagadish (movie)
- Ottawa Junior Jazz Band (Nepean, Ontario, Canada)
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (federal agency)
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Program (Northern Mariana Islands)
- Office of Juvenile Justice Programs (US Department of Justice)
- Office of Juvenile Justice Services (various locations)
- Online Journal of Justice Studies
- Orust Jetski Klubb (Swedish: Orust Jetski Club)
- Ostdeutsche Jaehrliche Konferenz (German: East German Annual Conference)
- Otoritas Jasa Keuangan (Indonesian: Financial Services Authority)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the brief, the foundation calls for the restoration of the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) to serve as a national incubator and catalyst for improving juvenile justice policies and practices; a renewed focus of energy and resources for OJJDP and other federal agencies on crucial and pervasive shortcomings in juvenile justice practice; and improvements to the juvenile justice work force.
Research cited in Importance of Timely Case Processing in Nondetained Juvenile Delinquency Cases, presented by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, revealed that many subsequent referrals of juveniles for delinquent behavior occur before the juvenile justice system has dealt with the initial or preceding referral.
Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.
Department of Justice's Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) recently announced that grants are available for its Juvenile Mentoring Program (JUMP).
Department of Education; and actor LeVar Burton and the federal Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.
Sandra Condon and/or Camp White Eagle and do not necessarily represent he official position of American Camping Association/Illinois Section or the Illinois Juvenile Justice Commission, the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, or the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.
Treanor attacked the NCMEC and its federally funded allies for trying to "put the private organizations out of business," quoting "one embittered director of a legitimate private, volunteer organization" as asking: "Has the NCMEC and the Office of Juvenile Justice become the `national center for exploiting missing children?