According to the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (FOIR), scammers are good at fabricating marketing materials that appear authentic in both the health-and-welfare and investment areas.
What does OIR stand for?
OIR stands for Office of Insurance Regulation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OIR
We have 33 other meanings of OIR in our Acronym Attic
- Objective Inventory Questionnaire (Wisconsin)
- Occupationally Important Qualities (psychology)
- Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (Quebec Engineer Association)
- Organizational Integrated Quality
- Official International Queen Fan Club
- Ontario Institute of Quantity Surveyors (Canada)
- Office of Independent Review (Los Angeles County, California)
- Office of Information Resources
- Office of Institutional Research
- Office of Instructional Resources
- Office of Internal Review
- Office of International Research (various locations)
- Office of Intramural Research
- Official International Reserves (Department of Finance; Canada)
- Official International Rules (Mahjong)
- Old Irish
- Online Image Resizer
- Online Information Review (journal)
- Online Insertion and Removal (Cisco)
- Operation Inherent Resolve (combat operations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to Florida's Office of Insurance Regulation, UPC is the 15th largest writer of homeowners insurance in state as of Dec.
On Thursday the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation had approved the removal of about 65,990 more policies from the firm's five domestic insurance companies in Florida.
The arrests of Luis Espinosa, 60, and Rene Cambert, 55, were the product of a year-long probe by three Department of Financial Services divisions and the Office of Insurance Regulation.
The Office of Insurance Regulation still has to approve the changes for the state's insurer of last resort.
In the wake of the recent agreement between State Farm Florida and the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation, NAIFA-Florida saw opportunity: Bring together State Farm Florida agents and the "unaffiliated insurers" approved to write the 125,000 policies that the carrier will be allowed to non-renew under the consent order with OIR.
Florida Office of Insurance Regulation spokesman Tom Zutell said regulators have received Nationwide's notice of intent and that the Tower Hill Group has agreed to assume the policies.
The bill also repeals current law that prevents the Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) from applying attorney client privilege or work product confidentiality to OIR attorney communications, unless the communication occurred exclusively for litigation purposes.