RIMS is advocating the formation of a federal office of insurance information so lawmakers have a comprehensive and nonpartisan source of background when dealing with insurance issues such as systemic risk, ratings and natural catastrophe coverage.
What does OII stand for?
OII stands for Office of Insurance Information
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OII
We have 35 other meanings of OII in our Acronym Attic
- Ontario Inline Hockey League (Canada)
- Oregon Information Highway Project
- Office of International Health Research (US NIH)
- Opportunity, Inc. of Hampton Roads (Virginia)
- Oakland International High School (California)
- Office of International Healthcare Services (University of Nebraska Medical Center)
- Orcas Island High School (Washington)
- Occupational Injury or Illness
- Office of Industrial Innovation (US NSF)
- Office of Innovation and Improvement
- Online Innovation Institute
- Online Internet Institute
- Open Information Interchange
- Operations-Intelligence Interface
- Organización Internacional Intersexuales (Spanish: International Organization of Intersexuals)
- Organization Intersex International
- Orthopaedic International, Inc. (Philippines)
- Out Island Interiors (interior decorating)
- Oxford Internet Institute (UK)
- Office of Intergovernmental and Interagency Affairs
Samples in periodicals archive:
A parallel effort, supported by the Obama administration and opposed by many state lawmakers, would create a national office of insurance information that would provide a central clearinghouse for data and policy.
HB 2609 seeks to establish an Office of Insurance Information, the Director of which would be responsible to (1) collect, analyze and disseminate information from state insurance departments and other sources; (2) coordinate efforts to establish policy on international insurance matters; (3) determine whether state regulations are consistent with federal policy; and (4) serve as an advisor to the Treasury representative on the Trade Promotion Coordinating Committee for promotion of the export of U.
5840 would, for the first time, create an office of the federal government (the Office of Insurance Information or OII) dedicated to studying, analyzing and reporting on matters related to the U.
5840, the Office of Insurance Information Act, is a positive step toward the modernization of the U.
OII TO FIO: THE STEALTH STRATEGY CONTINUES At the outset, the Office of Insurance Information (OII) was said by its supporters to be simply an information office to inform federal officials about insurance matters, and to coordinate international insurance agreements.
has reintroduced legislation to create a federal Office of Insurance Information to provide advice and expertise to the administration and Congress and to monitor and track industry developments.
CONTACT: Press Office of Insurance Information Institute, 800-331-9146, or media@iii.