The Revolutionary Guard and the Basij have already been hit with Treasury sanctions for their violent crackdown on protesters after the 2009 vote and for the mistreatment, director of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control.
What does OFAC stand for?
OFAC stands for Office of Foreign Assets Control (US Treasury)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OFAC
We have 30 other meanings of OFAC in our Acronym Attic
- Occupational First Aid Attendant (British Columbia, Canada)
- Office of Affirmative Action
- Osan Filipino American Association (Osan AB, South Korea)
- Outlaw Fuel Altered Association
- Occupational First Aid Attendants Association of British Columbia
- Ontario Forest Accord Advisory Board (Canada)
- Off for A Bite
- Open Forum on Agricultural Biotechnology
- Organic Farm Alternative Breaks
- Office Federal de l'Aviation Civile
- Old Firehouse Art Center (Longmont, CO)
- Olmsted Falls Airport Committee
- Ontario Farm Animal Council (Canada)
- Organic Fertilizer Association of California
- Office of Federal Advisory Committee Policy (National Institutes of Health, US)
- Occupational Family and Consumer Sciences
- Office of Facilities, Acquisitions and Central Services (US FDA)
- Optical Field Angle Distortion
- Office Africain pour le Développement et la Coopération (French; Senegal)
- Oregon Fire Apparatus and Equipment Mechanics Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The head of the department's Office of Foreign Assets Control described the four as "key facilitators of arms, security, training and other assistance in support of the FARC's operations in Venezuela.
They point out that the revised Guidelines do much more than offer guidance to charities that might be helpful in achieving compliance with sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control and can sign a six-year, major-league contract with the Angels that could be worth more than $10 million.
Certain Licensees The IRS noted that an individual must be working on a contract licensed by Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to receive the benefit of the income and housing exclusions.
Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control for representatives of U.
The software offers an enhanced Vendor Risk Analysis module providing detailed matching analysis for vendor listings against prison addresses, organizations prohibited by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and company employees.
According to, director of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control, would allow business to be conducted with some firms not linked to the government or on a sanctions blacklist, the crackdown has killed at least 2,700 people.