Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights alleging that Worcester and 11 other districts were not meeting the requirements of Title IX, because the selection of interscholastic sports in the districts' high schools did not amount to equal opportunity for girls.
What does OCR stand for?
OCR stands for Office for Civil Rights
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OCR
We have 177 other meanings of OCR in our Acronym Attic
- Ohio Coalition for Quality Education (Miamisburg, Ohio)
- Old Capitol Quilter's Guild (Iowa)
- Orthogonal Complex Quadrature Phase Shift Keying
- Office of the Clerk of Quarter Sessions (Philadelphia, PA)
- O'Connell Racing (car racing)
- Obligational Contractual Relations (customer-supplier model)
- Obstacle Course Racing
- Off the Cuff Remark
- Off-Color Remark
- Office Claim Representative
- Office of Civil Rights
- Office of Civilian Requirements (US Navy)
- Office of Coal Research
- Office of Collateral Responsibility
- Office of Community Relations
- Office of Congressional Relations (OPM)
- Office of Coordinating Responsibility
- Office of Coordinating Responsibility (US DoD)
- Office of the Commissioner of Railroads
- Official Cash Rate
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ACLU plans to present its final report to the Education Department's Office for Civil Rights.
This settlement sends an important message that [the HHS] expects health plans and health care providers to have in place a carefully designed, delivered, and monitored HIPAA compliance program," Leon Rodriguez, director of the HHS Office for Civil Rights, said in a statement.
George Selim, a policy adviser with the Department of Homeland Security's Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, said the department has strict policies against racial profiling.
These protections will be a cornerstone of maintaining consumer trust as we move forward with meaningful use of electronic health records and electronic exchange of health information," said Robinsue Frohboese, acting director and principal deputy director of the Office for Civil Rights.
Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights is ordering school districts to adopt this practice in compliance with Title IX, the law intended to ensure equality in sports.
For more information, here are some useful websites: The Office for Civil Rights Policy Guidance: www.
Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Office for Civil Rights, re: standards for privacy of individually identifiable health information, proposed rule, Elk Grove, IL, and Washington, DC, Apr.