Ministers ordered the Office for Civil Nuclear Security to hold a top level probe.
What does OCNS stand for?
OCNS stands for Office for Civil Nuclear Security (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OCNS
We have 6 other meanings of OCNS in our Acronym Attic
- Oblastné Centrum Námestovo (Slovak: Námestovo Regional Center; Námestovo, Slovakia)
- Office of the Chief Nursing Officer (Department of Health; Western Australia; Australia)
- Office of the Chief of Naval Operations (US Navy)
- Olde Cotswold Neighborhood Organization (Charlotte, NC)
- Oakland Community Networking Project (University of California, Berkeley)
- Opnet Certified Network Planning Professional (Opnet Technologies, Inc.)
- Operation and Conservation of Naval Petroleum Reserves (US Navy)
- Office of the Chief of Naval Research
- Office of the Chief of the Navy Reserve
- ODOCS Common Naming Service
- Offsetters Climate Neutral Society (Canada)
- Offshore Chemical Notification Scheme (UK)
- Orthogonal Channel Noise Simulator (aka Orthogonal Channel Noise Simulation)
- Orthogonal Channel Noise Source
- Open College Network South East Midlands Ltd. (UK)
- Open College Network South West (UK)
- Open College Network South West Region (UK)
- Open College Network South Yorkshire and Humber (UK)
- Office of Computing and Network Technology (Forsyth Institute; Cambridge, MA)
- Ohio Certified Nursery Technician
Samples in periodicals archive:
The company involved and the Office for Civil Nuclear Security (OCNS) have now begun an inquiry into the incident.
The UK's Office for Civil Nuclear Security is kept fully briefed about terrorist threat intelligence and in turn keeps security arrangements under review at all times.
nuclear energy regulators - the Health and Safety Executive, the Environment Agencies and the Office for Civil Nuclear Security - which is required before utilities can seek to build new plants based on the ESBWR in the United Kingdom.
The report by the Office for Civil Nuclear Security says: "The threats to be countered require specialised support from the security and intelligence agencies, other Government bodies, the police and armed service, including special forces.
The British Government's Office for Civil Nuclear Security (OCNS) outlined the blunder at Willesden Green, North West London, in a report to Trade Secretary Patricia Hewitt.
It said: "The UK's civil nuclear sites apply stringent security measures regulated by the Office for Civil Nuclear Security (OCNS), the security regulator.
Network Intelligence will provide British Energy with market-proven security and compliance solutions to augment the company's IT security policies under the government standards of the Office for Civil Nuclear Security.