And the West Midlands Offender Learning and Skills Service, launched last year, has been working on a range of projects designed to provide offenders with skills and employment opportunities.
What does OLASS stand for?
OLASS stands for Offender Learning and Skills Service (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- On-Line Addition Replacement
- Online Addition and Removal (computing)
- Offender Learning and Skills (Newcastle College; UK)
- Office of Latin American Studies (University of California; San Diego, CA)
- On-Line Application Service
- On-Line Appointment System
- Optical Line Amplifiers Shelf (Ciena)
- Organización Latino Americana de Solidaridad (Organization of Latin American Solidarity)
- Open Learning Association of South Africa (RSA)
- Office of Los Alamos Operations
- Organization of Latino Social Workers
- Old Latin (linguistics)
- Ollandse Lange Afstand Tippelaars (Dutch: Olland Long Distance Boot Tippe)
- Online Learning And Training (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
- Other Licensed Antifungal Therapy
- Organised Lesbian Alliance for Visibility and Action (India)
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (NIH)
- Organization of Los Angeles Workers (Los Angeles, CA)
- Object Language Bindings (database management)
- Observable Language Behaviour (education)
Samples in periodicals archive:
David Cragg, regional director of West Midlands Learning and Skills Council, said: "This 'test bed' project builds on the very exciting work that has been going on in the region since the launch of the Offender Learning and Skills Service last year.
The LSC became responsible for offender learning and skills across England in 2006 but before that, the North-East was one of only three trial regions in the country to pilot the Offender Learning and Skills Service (Olass), which brought together for the first time education and training for offenders in custody and in the community.