The Release focuses on certain repurchase agreements that are accounted for as sales, as well as other types of short-term financings not otherwise fully captured in period-end balance sheets, such as securities lending transactions, off-balance sheet arrangements or certain transfers of financial assets.
What does OBSA stand for?
OBSA stands for Off-Balance Sheet Arrangement
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OBSA
We have 7 other meanings of OBSA in our Acronym Attic
- Outdoor Base Station (wireless networking solution)
- Outward Bound Sabah (educational organization; Sabah, Malaysia)
- Outward Bound School
- Outward Bound Singapore
- Oxford Biosignals Ltd
- Optical Burst Switching in Just Enough Time
- Optimized Basis Set-MultiConfiguration Spin Coupled
- Obligation à Bon de Souscription d'Action (French: Bond Purchase Underwriting Agenda)
- Observatory of Sustainability in Aviation (Spain; est. 2007)
- Off-Balance Sheet Activity
- Office of Black Student Affairs
- Ontario Billiards and Snooker Association (Canada)
- Outward Bound South Africa (est. 1992)
- Open Base Station Architecture Initiative
- Osage Beach Search and Rescue (Osage Beach, MO)
- Oahu Base Support Battalion (US Army)
- Object between Sensor and Background (switching mode; product feature)
- Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.
Samples in periodicals archive:
off-balance sheet arrangements and related party transactions * timely payments of payroll taxes * parent company's management of subsidiary's cash, if applicable An unfavorable financial capability audit can have a very negative impact on the future of the company.
The Company also disclosed that it has no derivatives or any other off-balance sheet arrangements with these or any other entities.
For instance, on the compulsory filing of separate statements on off-balance sheet arrangements, ministers agreed that such concerns are already covered by International Accounting Standards.
The SEC's report on off-balance sheet arrangements, special purpose entities and related issues recommends a rethinking of current guidance on reporting the financial results of leases and defined-benefit pension plans, while pressing for reporting all financial instruments at fair value.
Step 2 Assess the likelihood of any known trend, demand, commitment, event or uncertainty that could affect an off-balance sheet arrangement.
The main changes include but aren't limited to the following: * shorter filing deadlines for annual and interim financial statements and MD&A (effective for reporting periods beginning January 1, 2004); * a business acquisition report (BAR) to be filed within 75 days of a significant acquisition; * expanded MD&A disclosures, including the presentation of contractual obligations, discussion of off-balance sheet arrangements, discussion of transactions with related parties, disclosure of specific details related to critical accounting estimates, and more; * approval of interim financial statements and MD&A by the board; and * disclosure of auditor review of interim financial statements.
Another is a joint letter with Financial Executives International (FEI) to the SEC on issues related to certain disclosure requirements of FR-67, "Disclosure in Management's Discussion and Analysis about Off-Balance Sheet Arrangements and Aggregate Contractual Obligations.