The KOMPSAT-I satellite's payload instrumentation includes two different types of sensors -- a high-resolution panchromatic Electro-Optical Camera (EOC) and a lower-resolution Ocean Scanning Multispectral Imager (OSMI).
What does OSMI stand for?
OSMI stands for Ocean Scanning Multispectral Imager
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OSMI
We have 4 other meanings of OSMI in our Acronym Attic
- Oral submucous fibrosis
- OSI System Management Function (TMN)
- Ocular Single Mirror Gonio (lenses)
- Old Salem Museums and Gardens (Winston-Salem, NC)
- Online Social Media Group
- Owen Sub-Machine-Gun (weapon)
- Old South Meeting House (National Historic Landmark; Boston, MA)
- Orillia Soldiers Memorial Hospital (Canada)
- Oxford Student Mental Health Network (University of Oxford; UK)
- Obsolete and Slow Moving Inventory
- Optima Sports Management International (Nigeria)
- Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Institute (Florida)
- Open Systems Management Industry Collaboration (Japan)
- Operations Systems Modifications for the Integration of Network Elements (Telcordia Technologies, Inc.)
- OSART Mission Results
- One-Stop Management Information System (Florida and Michigan)
- Operating and Support Management Information System
- One-Step Majority Logic
- Open Source Music License
- Oudh Sugar Mills Limited (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The second instrument is an ocean scanning multispectral imager (OSMI).